CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking an Inspector for our Albany, NY office.
Day-to-day responsibilities include observation of on-site construction activities, maintaining daily construction observation and test forms, reviewing and verifying contractor quality control.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Develop and maintain project/construction schedules in MS Project
* Administration of construction contracts
* Conduct construction quantity calculations and takeoffs
* Ensure the overall quality of the completed project.
* Record field observations.
* Make field measurements, computations and compilation of data.
* Prepare a daily report outlining the work performed and calculates the quantity of completed work for payment.
* Attend weekly progress meetings and prepares minutes for each meeting.
* Schedule quality control testing in accordance with contract documents.
* Develop construction change orders with appropriate back up supporting information.
* Associate’s degree in Engineering Science or equivalent experience through construction and/or inspection services.
* 5+ years of engineering/construction inspection experience is required.
* Ability to read wiring diagrams and system diagrams.
* Familiarity with CCTV, Access Control, Intercom and other low voltage systems.
* Proficiency with MS Office, Bluebeam and Submittals Exchange.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong ability to work in a team environment and work independently in the field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.