- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural Concentration is required; master’s degree in Structural Engineering is a plus.
- 4+ years of structural design experience is required.
- Building inspection / assessment experience is required.
- Experience in concrete, masonry and structural steel design is required.
- Experience performing construction administration related tasks for completed designs such as construction inspections, shop drawing review, answering contractor questions and RFI’s.
- NY and/or NJ P.E. license required. Must have the ability to become licensed in both states within six months.
- S.E. license a plus.
- Must have knowledge of current State and International Building Codes.
- Knowledge of the following structural related software is a plus; RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, Enercalc, Tedds, Revit.
- Must be organized, flexible, and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to spend majority of summer hours in the field performing inspections and building assessments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic
- Quality/Detail oriented
- Must have ability to carry step and extension ladders as well as other field equipment used for building condition assessments.
- Willing and able to utilize and operate man lifts to perform assessments of building facades.
- Safety and man lift training will be provided as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.