Mergers & Acquisitions/Corporate Development:
The expectation is that the Sr. Analyst will spend over 50% of their time working on M&A and play a central role in execution of all phases of the transaction life-cycle from origination through The position will primarily be responsible for target analysis, detailed financial cash flow modeling, valuation, target profiles and acquisition pipeline management, compilation and maintenance of diligence materials, management and preparation of diligence findings/recommendations to management and board of directors.
Research & Origination:
- The Sr. M&A Analyst is tasked with conducting research on prospective firms and preparing customized presentations for business executive teams to use in negotiation meetings.
- The individual will directly research acquisition targets through multiple channels inclusive of internet prospecting, employee referrals, networking, database searches, internet ads, and so forth.
- The Sr. M&A Analyst will play a strategic role where he/she enhances marketing materials and acquisition stories that position the business with potential targets. He/she develops detailed industry materials for various industry sub-sectors, plans, prioritizes, and delivers marketing enhancements.
- Additionally, the Sr. M&A Analyst collects large amounts of data on other firms and becomes highly knowledgeable on the competitive landscape within the geographically assigned area of consideration.
- This role will assist in strategic M&A planning and vetting efforts, including gathering input from Operational and Market leadership and incorporating comprehensive internal and external views into thoughtful, organized insights and business cases for potential M&A opportunities.
- He/she will maintain the pipeline of M&A opportunities and a manage weekly updates on deal progression
- The Sr. M&A Analyst will also play a key role in the formulation of financial reports based on shared private and public information, inclusive of the prospective business’s company revenue, staff resources assessments, and general due diligence.
- He/she will build valuation models, aiding management’s understanding of key deal variables and perform basic financial due diligence of potential acquisition companies. This will include discounted cash flows, market multiple valuation, accretion/dilution, investment returns, synergy pro forma’s, quality of earnings and sensitivity analysis for acquisition transactions.
- The Sr. M&A Analyst will develop inputs, assumptions, and drivers for analysis and modeling, with input from internal stakeholders, including Operations, Finance, IT, HR, and Legal teams as necessary
- In this role, the Sr. M&A Analyst initiates the tracking of key metrics and ensures that the data he/she gathers is accurate and current after which he/she creates reports for senior merger and acquisition management for consideration.
- Participate in confirmatory due diligence (post LOI), preparing financial models and rigorous analyses of quantitative and qualitative data gathered during diligence;
- Provide detailed evaluations to support deal approval presentations to management and board
The Sr. Analyst will also provide to support through analytics, modeling, market research and presentation preparation of the three year and annual strategic plan working closely with the VP of Corporate Development, FP&A and Operational Leadership. The Sr. Analyst will also play an integral role in supporting and/or championing special projects and initiatives that support strategic growth and positioning of the Company (e.g. carve-outs, sale of non-core business).
Financial Analysis & Planning:
Upon the hiring of the Director of FP&A - the Sr. Analyst will report directly to this role and will support or manage a variety of ad-hoc needs including financial modeling, valuation analysis, projections, bridge analysis, presentations to the Board and Creditors (as needed).